How can I contest a parking violation?

A person can contest a parking violation by coming into the lobby of Police Department to fill out an appeal form. Hours are: Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. We are closed legal holidays and weekends.

You may also click here to download the parking appeal form.
You have 21 days from the parking citation issue date to file an appeal (or 14 days from the date a delinquent notice is mailed.)

If you do not do it within the allotted time frame, you forfeit all rights to challenge the citation. You may mail, deliver or fax your request to: Truckee Police Dept. Records Division 10183 Truckee Airport Rd. Truckee, CA 96161 Fax: (530) 582-7771.